Sunday, July 17, 2011

Reviews guidelines

This is how I review most(if not all) of the Linux distros here in this website. I will give a rating from between 0% to %100 (0% being the worst,and 100% being the best). The weightage is given as follow.

1. Do my hardwares work OOTB(out of the box) ----> 60%
(This part will test how many hardwares is working without any major compilation such as kernel recompilation etc. And since I do watch a lot of HD movies, and my hardwares happen to be working as a notebook,I will test HD playback quality and the function of sleep/hibernate as well.)
2. Does the distro work well according to the philosophy the creator states ---> 10 %
(If the creator wants the distro to be fast,I will test if it's fast or not. So if the creator wants it to be like......"simple",I will test if it's really "simple")
3. Is it fast IN DEFAULT SETTINGS ------------------------------------------------------->20 %
(A lot of distro fanboy here say that their distro can be very fast or a graphic thrower. But throwing such a statement is like saying my Toyota can be faster than a Ferrari;it's pointless. Therefore, I will not tweak the major parts such as the kernel,the startup script or/and the booting process.)
4. My feel about the distro --->10%
(Please note this is purely subjective to my feel towards a distro. You may ignore this part if you feel that my view is different from your view.)

No comments:

Post a Comment